I personally do not understand people who don’t drink coffee. I mean, how do get going in the morning without coffee? Sometimes I drink mine black if I’m lazy or out of milk/cream or if I am trying to cut calories. Sometimes I put a ton of sugar and cream in there. It just depends. Sometimes I go to Starbucks for a cinnamon dolce latte; sometimes I go into indie coffee shops for a perfected black and white or simply a cappuccino. I like keurigs, drip coffee makers, french press for cold press (iced) coffee, and those expensive automatic espresso/coffee machines.
A study in the book You Are WHY You Eat: Change Your Food Attitude, Change Your Life by guru and doctor Ramani Durvasula, PhD, 1,000 coffee drinkers were surveyed, and Durvasula made sure they she had a wide array of personality types in her study and observed common psychological and personality traits. The study was meant to illustrate a correlation between characteristics of coffee drinkers and their caffeinated beverage of choice.
Here are some findings:
• The Starbucks Line Holder: Do you order non fat, extra hot mocha latte (with sugar-free syrup of course), venti, with light whip? Durvasula would claim you are a bit of a perfectionist, obsessive, selfish, sensitive, and health-conscious.
• Iced Coffee: Virtuous, patient, moody, assertive, and sometimes outspoken.
• Black Coffee: Driven, straight-forward, and no nonsense.
• 3 Creams & 5 Sugars: You are a comfort-seeker and loveable, a caregiver and often overextend yourself. Generally, these folks are not in the best of shape and don’t value taking care of themselves.
• Instant Coffee: You are lazy and apathetic in general. You probably don’t take care of yourself as you should.
• Double Espresso: You are a workaholic but practical. You are a person who knows what they want in life.
• Mocha: You are a problem solver and great at improvising. The taste of coffee isn’t your favorite but you need a pick-me-up. So, a mocha is ordered!